[CT Birds] Lapland longspur at hammo?

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 16:41:36 EDT 2009

The bird which I think was a Lapland Longspur at entrance to  meig's point
parking lot, could possibly have been something different, when I  was
questioned about it at the nature center area.  I know it wasn't any of  the
regular sparrow species I have seen in the past, and markings were very  similar
to Sibley's, as I stated. Its plummage appeared to be that of a  young bird
or molting one.  I did not see any obvious rusty colored  collar/nape area
and I could not see its tail as that was in the grass.  But if another more
experienced birder saw it today, I hope they report  it.
Beverly Propen