[CT Birds] preventing window strikes

zellene sandler zellene at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 27 08:19:29 EDT 2009

I have a large picture window and I hated the bird strikes. I found a cheap
solution. I bought some fabric screening at Home Depot. I threaded some
picture wire through one end and attached it to the outside top of the
window with the wire wound around a nail at each side of the window frame
at the top. I pulled the screening out to about a 30 degree angle at the
bottom near the ground and held it taut with twine and tent pegs driven
into the ground. The birds just bounce off.

This is surprisingly less obtrusive inside than all the decals...hardly
notice the screen. And it removes easily at the times of year when strikes
are not a problem.