[CT Birds] Birds vs windows

Shari kestrel9222 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 27 17:35:04 EDT 2009

Hi All,
David Sibley did some experimentation at his own home to try and reduce or eliminate window strikes.  The easiest solution, and one that I have found works very well,  is using a highlighter to draw a grid on the windows.  I used a yellow one, it almost completely eliminated strikes and it lasted quite a while...months.  It was pretty much invisible from inside except occasionally when the outside light was just so, the lines could be seen slightly.

His results are  here:
http://sibleyguides.blogspot.com/2007/11/simple-method-for-bird-proofing-windows.html

I hope it helps some of you!

Shari Guarino, Southington