[CT Birds] Northern Gannets

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Thu Oct 29 17:39:25 EDT 2009

I saw all the gannet posts on the list today, so I looked out my window on the beach near Penfield Reef in Fairfield, and sure enough, within 5 minutes of constant scanning the horizon, I saw 2 Northern Gannets flying by, one of which made a plunge-dive. Here at Penfield Reef if you just scan with your binos during the right time of year (late march- april, late october- november) within about 10 minutes you can just about always find a snow-white gannet flying by at some point.

James Randall