[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 20:46:03 EDT 2009

10/30 - Mostly SE wind yielded a beautiful  day but not many birds.  As Don
Morgan said about the previous day, what we lacked in quantity we made up
for in quality.  21 Raptors counted including one adult GOLDEN EAGLE.  Best
argument of the day award goes to a reported UU:  either a juvenile
Red-shouldered Hawk or a juvenile No. Goshawk.  Hmmm.  Whatever it really
was, it was huge in comparison to the tiny little Sharpie that was diving on
it.  The one that got away.....

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The geese flew on.  I have never seen them again.  Maybe I will, someday,
somewhere.  Maybe I won't.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is that, when I
saw them, I saw them as through the veil, secretly, joyfully, clearly."
        ---from Snow Geese by Mary Oliver