[CT Birds] Who am I?

Kathy Van Der Aue kvda at optonline.net
Fri Oct 30 22:53:50 EDT 2009

I think it is a very young Hermit Thrush.  We have been banding them these
past two weeks and they seem unusually young for this time of year (late
nesting due to cool, rainy weather?)  Yours has what appears to be the
expected rufous coloration on the rump but, the tail, not so much.  The tail
is very short though so it might not have come in fully yet. Hope it makes
it.

Kathy Van Der Aue, Southport, CT
kvda at optonline.net