[CT Birds] big movement

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 1 15:15:20 EST 2009

The end of rain Sat night seemed to drop off a very large flight of Sparrows and esp Juncos
into my yard and neighbors next door. I estimate over 100 plus Junco were on our lawns, but so
many more were within the wood edge and pond. Never saw so many at one time before.
They were everywhere!
Also were many Golden-crowned Kinglet, some BT Green warbs plus 2 Red-breasted Nuthatch
 and 10 Purple Finch on feeder.
Later, a large movement of Robin flew overhead all going EAST! Est: 150 plus.
The clear night tonight should push many of these birds farther south, maybe to the coast?
 Let me know if that be the case please.  Thank you...........

Paul Carrier - Harwinton, Litchfield county