[CT Birds] Norwalk (10/30) and New Haven (today; Baltimore Oriole)

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 15:34:12 EST 2009

Not much to report, but in Norwalk on Friday there were 320 Brant
feeding on the lawn at Veterans Park. The possible "Gray-bellied"
Brant from last week was not present as far as I could tell, but there
were other flocks of Brant around the harbor/islands so that
interesting bird may still be around. High tide is likely the best
time to check here.  Offshore, behind the islands, the only notable
bird was a single BONAPARTE'S GULL.

Today there was a late BALTIMORE ORIOLE and a couple NORTHERN GANNETS
at Lighthouse Pt, but few hawks while I was there. East Shore Park was
very quiet; still no swallows using the sewage plant.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT