[CT Birds] Sandhill Cranes update

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 16:50:06 EST 2009

Hi All,

Thought it interesting that the 5 Sandhill Cranes that were tracked from MA through RI and over Quaker Ridge on thursday appeared at 12:45 Friday almost on the border of PA in New Jersey at the Scotts Mountain Hawk Watch https://www.hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=342 Report here: http://www.birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NJBD.html#1256929530 Pretty amazing to see the flight path of these individual birds. Also another 2 today for 9 on the season, along with the two Mississippi Kites and closing in on our record Bald Eagle season it's been quite a year thus far at Quaker Ridge. Friday we had a somewhat overdue RED-HEADED WOODPECKER - now to find one of those nice big falcons that they had at Jones Beach ;)

Luke Tiller, Wilton