[CT Birds] flock of blackbirds in Orange

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 15:56:14 EST 2009

11/2  Orange neighborhoods
Just an observation-while walking in my neighborhood in Orange  last week I
noticed a large mixed flock (about 400 birds) of blackbirds on  my
neighbors' lawns.  The cowbirds  all stuck together, the starlings  in another
cluster and the grackles in another cluster.  But all flew off  together and
landed down on another lawn together.  I noticed this  phenomenon again by High
Plains community center last week.  And today I  noticed a large mixed flock
of blackbirds again, this time at the Citgo  station lawn at Lambert Rd and
Orange Center Rd.  I don't know if these are  the same individuals or same
group of birds, but they have been in the Orange  area for about 10 days now.
Beverly Propen