[CT Birds] NHBC First Wednesday Walk

Kris Johnson krisjohnson99 at snet.net
Tue Nov 3 09:09:50 EST 2009

      New Haven Bird Club First Wednesday Walk: Proto Drive, E. Haven
      Date:   Wednesday November 4, 2009
      Time:   8:00 am -11:00ish
      Notes:   Meet on Proto Drive near the landfill. This area on the east side of Tweed/New Haven Airport has a great array of late fall migrants and some over-wintering species. Possibilities are hawks (including Rough-legged and Red-shouldered), several sparrow species (including White-crowned), Eastern Meadowlark, Marsh Wren, and thrushes. With luck we may get a Great Horned Owl or American Bittern.  Also possible are American Kestrel, Wilson's Snipe,and American Woodcock.

      Participants should wear boots and expect them to get quite muddy!

      Directions: Take I-95, Exit 51 Frontage Road. Go O.9 mi. Turn right onto Hemingway (Rte.142). Go about one mile. Before Town Fair Tires, go right onto Proto. Trip leader is Steve Broker.
      Contacts—Kris Johnson: 203.288.3087, krisjohnson99 at snet.net
      or Tina Green: 203.247.2660, tina at renaissancestudios.com
      Edit reminder options