[CT Birds] CACC surprise

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 14:45:41 EST 2009

11/4  Milford,   Connecticut Audubon Coastal  Center  10-AM-1PM
sunny, 50, mid tide rising.
What a surprise (11:30AM) today, looking onto the marsh  and trying to
figure out what I was seeing.  Zoomed in with binoculars  & scope to see a good
sized male deer (nice set of  antlers) swimming from right to left towards
the mouth of the Housatonic/Milford  Pt.  He was going at a nice clip,
parallel to the shore , out past the  osprey platform towards Milford Pt. Lost
track of him as he  approached Milford Pt. Maybe going to Stratford.
Not quite a duck or bird, but certainly an eye  catcher.
On the more mundane side, 32 House sparrows, 5 song sparrows,  2 cardinals,
2 blue jays, 2 mockingbirds, 1 white throated sparrow,
1 Coopers hawk swooping on to a branch eyeing the multitude of  house
sparrows at the feeders, but no lunch for him while I was  there..
Also several robins and 9 Brants flying over.
Beverly Propen