[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - Closing in on Bald Eagle record

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 21:34:10 EST 2009

Hi All,

A rather slow day all in all today at the hawkwatch was livened up by Bald Eagles 160 and 161 late in the day today. We are now just 12 birds off equaling the Quaker Ridge season record so fingers crossed for the last couple of weeks. I also put something together on my blog about the 5 Sandhill Cranes that passed by the Hawkwatch on October 29th. It's amazing to see the specific routes that these birds have taken as they come past us in Greenwich. There was a possible report of the group of 5 from Georgia on Nov 3rd however it seems like Sandhills are pretty common down there and i'm not totally convinced that these birds have anything to do with our 5. All in all pretty cool to be involved in such an interesting phenomenon, which seems to have grabbed the attention of birders across a number of states! Blog post: http://wp.me/pmIJ4-oj

Luke Tiller, Wilton and Greenwich