[CT Birds] LPP on Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:53:41 EST 2009

11/6 - New Haven, Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 212 migrating raptors
counted including 4 PEREGRINE FALCONS, 2 juvenile Bald Eagles, 95 Red-tailed
Hawks, and a mixed bag of other raptors.  Also leaving town were 6000+
Red-winged Blackbirds, ca. 700 American Robins, 665 Cedar Waxwings, 250+
Common Grackles, 17 Eastern Bluebirds, 16 American Pipits, and one very high
up Great Blue Heron that really got us going, since we were so hoping for a
Sandhill Crane!  Very windy day began with blue sky and ended with lots of
wind and birds flying very, very high and far away.  Definitely a Murine
Many thanks to an intrepid crew:  Don Morgan, Carl Ekroth (who spotted both
eagles!), Dori Sosensky, Sol, Marty Moore, and Lynn James.  Also to our
guests:  Paul Kennedy, Suleman, and Chris Reynolds.
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The geese flew on.  I have never seen them again.  Maybe I will, someday,
somewhere.  Maybe I won't.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is that, when I
saw them, I saw them as through the veil, secretly, joyfully, clearly."
        ---from Snow Geese by Mary Oliver