[CT Birds] SNOWY EGRET,etc.Westport afternoon sightings post Loon

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:42:38 EST 2009

11/10-Wesport  After having great looks at the PACIFIC LOON (thanks Greg for the lifer),I ventured back to Sherwood Island to see if the ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER was still around and it was.Also,I had a SNOWY EGRET,GREAT EGRET,GREAT BLUE HERON,AMERICAN WIGEON,GADWALL,BLACK DUCKS,and GREATER YELLOWLEGS in the MILL Pond at the entrance to the park.

     I then decided to hurry over to Compo Beach when I saw a flock of shorebirds fly over to the getty while scoping the sound.Luckily,they were still there and I had a nice mix of 21 DUNLIN,50+BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS,and 30+ RUDDY TURNSTONES.Also,had 2 female SURF SCOTERS  and 40+ BUFFLEHEAD way out on the totally glassed off water.

Tina Green