[CT Birds] Wesport-Two Orange-crowned Warblers

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 17:22:12 EST 2009

11/11-Westport - Sherwood Island SP - with AJ Hand & Larry Flynn

         We found not one, but TWO ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS this afternoon about 1PM.(a 1st winter female and an adult male)We saw the two birds feeding together along with the BLACKPOLL WARBLER(1st winter female).We observed one of the Orange-crowned Warblers for about one and a half hours,again feeding on the Porcelain Berries.Also near the wooden bridge/Nature Trail area,the BALTIMORE ORIOLE continues.All these birds were present as of 4:20PM.The warblers were also seen by Neil Currie,Bo Hopkins,James Randall,Bill Van Loan,& Paul Fusco.

         I hope to see many of you at the New Haven Bird Club walk at 8AM this Saturday, which AJ Hand and I will be co-leading and showing you why Sherwood Island SP is a great local birding destination!

Tina Green