[CT Birds] [New Haven Bird Club] Sherwood Island State Park, Westport; Pequot Library, Southport, 11/14/2009, 8AM, RAIN or SHINE

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:15:25 EST 2009

   This field trip will take place rain or shine.We plan on birding until about 10:00AM and then heading over to the Pequot Library.Anyone planning on coming to the library only should be there by 10:30.Please try to be on time as we plan to begin promptly at 8AM and there's alot of ground to cover and,hopefully,lots of birds.Please bring a scope if you have one.See info below!

Tina Green

Reminder from:

Sherwood Island State Park, Westport; Pequot Library, Southport

Saturday November 14, 2009

8:00 am - 8:00 am

Sherwood Island State Park, Westport

Meet at the main parking lot in the park for a visit to this fine coastal birding location where we’ll look for sea ducks, gulls, raptors, shorebirds, and sparrows. Then we head to the Pequot where we’ll have a private tour of the library’s remarkable collection of historic and rare books about birds. A highlight will be seeing the breathtakingly beautiful double elephant portfolio of Audubon’s Birds of America, in the Bien edition, the third and last edition of Audubon’s iconic work. Only 15 sets of this edition were produced, making it the rarest, and some believe the most interesting, of all the Audubon editions. Leader—Tina Green & AJ Hand 203.247.2660, tina at renaissancestudios.com

Edit reminder optionsCopyright © 2009  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

On the web at www.newhavenbirdclub.org/