[CT Birds] Pacific Loon???

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Nov 13 09:17:40 EST 2009

Greg Hanisek called to report that the viewing conditions at Lake Quassapaug in Middlebury were quite bad due to the wind-driven waves, and that he has not been able to locate the Pacific Loon with about 25 minutes of viewing.  I only got rare glimpses yesterday when I knew where the bird was feeding and the waves were small, so I agree with Greg that failing to find it does not mean it has left.  When we finished talking another birder was arriving, perhaps more eyes will do the trick.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT