[CT Birds] Sherwood Island SP Sampling ,Lesser Black-backed Gull

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:37:59 EST 2009

11/13- Westport - Sherwood Island SP-with AJ Hand

          In spite of howling winds and occasional rain drops,there were some nice birds to see this morning as AJ and I checked out the park in anticipation of the NHBC walk tomorrow morning. The ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER continues,2 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH,1 SHARP-SHINNED HAWK,25+ SNOW BUNTINGS,6 HORNED LARK,1 GREAT EGRET,AMERICAN WIGEON,BUFFLEHEAD,8 COMMON LOON offshore,and we located two of our "pals" after not seeing them for some time. So put your foul weather gear on tomorrow,if need be, and come to the NHBC walk tomorrow!

 AJ says the LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL is back at Burying Hill Beach in Westport.

Tina Green

Westport