[CT Birds] LPP Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:02:09 EST 2009

11/13 - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 15 migrating raptors counted
before rain set in at 1:00 p.m.  Migrants included: 1 ROUGHLEGGED HAWK
(light juvie), 1 NORTHERN GOSHAWK (juvie who lit in the "umbrella tree") 2
Northern Harriers (one a "Grey Ghost"), 1 late Osprey, 1 Sharpie, 2 Coops, 2
Red-shouldered Hawks, 4 Red-tailed Hawks, 1 Merlin, and 1 UF.  Not many
birds, but choice.  Also 67 Cedar Waxwings, 3 Purple Finches, 145 Red-winged
Blackbirds, and at least one Eastern Bluebird braved the gusty winds and
actually left the park.  One Swallow species seen blowing back into the
marsh.
--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The geese flew on.  I have never seen them again.  Maybe I will, someday,
somewhere.  Maybe I won't.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is that, when I
saw them, I saw them as through the veil, secretly, joyfully, clearly."
        ---from Snow Geese by Mary Oliver