[CT Birds] LPP Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:02:09 EST 2009

11/13 - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 15 migrating raptors counted
before rain set in at 1:00 p.m.  Migrants included: 1 ROUGHLEGGED HAWK
(light juvie), 1 NORTHERN GOSHAWK (juvie who lit in the "umbrella tree") 2
Northern Harriers (one a "Grey Ghost"), 1 late Osprey, 1 Sharpie, 2 Coops, 2
Red-shouldered Hawks, 4 Red-tailed Hawks, 1 Merlin, and 1 UF.  Not many
birds, but choice.  Also 67 Cedar Waxwings, 3 Purple Finches, 145 Red-winged
Blackbirds, and at least one Eastern Bluebird braved the gusty winds and
actually left the park.  One Swallow species seen blowing back into the
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The geese flew on.  I have never seen them again.  Maybe I will, someday,
somewhere.  Maybe I won't.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is that, when I
saw them, I saw them as through the veil, secretly, joyfully, clearly."
        ---from Snow Geese by Mary Oliver