[CT Birds] Pacific Loon Not Seen

Fritz and Sheila fritzandsheila at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:05:52 EST 2009

About 1:30-2 PM. It was a little blustery with small whitecaps, but with another birder (sorry forgot your name!) we were able to easily see across the lake from the beach at the amusement park, but there was no sign of loon.  Slowly scanned with scope and binocs several times over 1/2 hour, did not see it with several gulls, including black-back, floating far to the NW of beach.  Afterwards, scanned northeastern cove from a private residence on the waterside, no luck there either.  SNOW BUNTING was on the beach at the park though.
PEREGRINE FALCON on billboard north side of I-84 while passing over the Naugatuck River/Route 8 at about 2:40 PM.

Harold Moritz
fritzandsheila at pobox.com