[CT Birds] Eastern Point Beach, Groton seawatch

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 14:19:33 EST 2009

from Renee Baade, Jim Dugan, Phil Rusch, & Glenn Williams:
11/14 - Groton, Eastern Point Beach (06:45-12:45hrs) -- 2 RED-NECKED GREBE, 3 COMMON EIDER, 27 NORTHERN GANNET, 1 BLACK SCOTER, 12 PURPLE SANDPIPER

It was not as windy as predicted but there was enough around to keep it interesting.  We had a shorebird fly by the point that was probably a late juvenile White-rumped Sandpiper, but none of us saw the bill/face because it turned and was flying away just as we first saw it.  It seemed a bit big for white-rumped.  I was thinking Dunlin except it had a large white rump.  Maybe a Curlew Sandpiper?  We'd like a do-over on it.

Do You Yahoo!?