[CT Birds] On This Day (11/15)

edward.raynor at maine.edu edward.raynor at maine.edu
Sun Nov 15 10:44:40 EST 2009

1989 Great Crested Flycatcher Stonington, Barn Island, CT

WOW! Any photos? This is extremely late for this species. I'm guessing
observers were not aware of the Ash-throated fall movements back then?
In Louisiana, where eBird reviewers and record's committee members are
very conservative this record would have to be accompanied by a
specimen, photo, or video.
An example of how conservative the LBRC is:
Cave Swallow and Bell's Vireo (uncommon breeders in the state)-  are
review list species. I have included a valueable note on how to
document rare birds from someone that knows a bit about the hobby:
http://losbird.org/dittman_lasley.htm

Good birding,
E.J. Raynor