[CT Birds] Brant, Savin Rock, West Haven

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 15 15:48:06 EST 2009

Walked east along Savin Rock in West Haven early this afternoon today (Sunday, 15 Nov). The regular gull species were here: great black-backed, herring, and ring-billed. Going east on the beach at the last pier I first heard brant on the other side of the pier and then saw about 50 of them on the other side of the pier. There were other birds much further out but I had failed to bring a scope to check them out.

David W Babington
Washington, CT