[CT Birds] Pacific Loon

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Sun Nov 15 17:24:57 EST 2009

11/15 2:00-3:30 p.m. James Randall and Frank Gallo

Had some spectacular looks at the Pacific Loon today. The sun was behind us and the water was very calm, and the loon came very close a number of times, sometimes even about 200 feet away! I was amazed at the smooth gray nape and the beautiful patterning on the back. All in all, the bird was a lot prettier than I thought it would be. Other birders included Frank Gallo, Mardi Dickinson, Vanessa (?), and many other birders who names I didn't catch.

James Randall
Fairfield