[CT Birds] Peregrine, OC Warbler, Western Kingbird, Semipalmated Plovers

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:26:20 EST 2009

11/15- Stamford - Cove Island Wildlife Sanctuary(7:15-8:30am)- PEREGRINE FALCON sitting on the private jetty offshore to the right,9 COMMON LOON,and 5 Seals

   Wesport- Sherwood Island SP(with Maryann Oleary 8:45-10:30am)-1 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER behind the Nature Center,1 AMERICAN KESTREL,1 OSPREY,1 GREATER YELLOWLEGS,1 GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET,SWAMP SPARROWS,1 RED-TAILED HAWK

   Madison - Hammonasset SP-(with Maryann Oleary & Alec Wiggin 12:00-2:30pm) WESTERN KINGBIRD continues,3 GREAT EGRET,1 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER,2 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS,2 NORTHERN HARRIERS,2 RUDDY TURNSTONES,8 COMMON LOON,1 RED-THROATED LOON,2 YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER,1 GREAT BLUE HERON,12 HORNED LARK,1 BELTED KINGFISHER,COMMON EIDERS & BLACK SCOTERS continue.We also saw a Monarch Butterfly,1 Cabbage White,1 ? Sulphur,and several small red dragonflies,one landed on my purple jacket which I was wearing and afforded Maryann and I great views.

  I stopped at Sherwood Island SP at about 3:30 and saw Paul Fusco and AJ Hand who told me that Paul D. had found another ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER on the west side of the park by the viewing platform.Good going Paul.We need more people checking out Sherwood.There's lots of territory to cover and lots of birds to find!!

Tina Green

Westport