[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Park - Sunday

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 15 17:27:01 EST 2009

In spite of light (7 mph) N and NW winds, we only managed 4 hawks
today and a predictably lackluster morning migrant flight.  We had
an imm. (male?) Northern Goshawk, 2 'Tails and 1 Harrier.  A few of
the usual blackbirds, robins, bluebirds, waxwings -- that was it today.
As noted (on the CT coast) in a couple of other posts, loons were prevalent
off the beach.  There were 6 or 7 Common Loons (including 1 briefly
calling to the NW on the New Haven Harbor) and 2 RT Loons.
Steve Mayo