[CT Birds] PACIFIC LOON, Bald Eagles

Mardi W. Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Sun Nov 15 20:29:40 EST 2009

 From Mardi & Townsend Dickinson:
11/15/09 - Norwalk Yard -- ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER 7:12AM
11/15/09 - Middlebury, Lake Quassapaug -- 11:20AM - 3:54PM PACIFIC
LOON throughout the day
Sunlight behind us for some great photographs reflecting off the warm
and calm waters. Flocks of Canada
Geese came in and crashed down all around the Loon. No care in the
world and paddle its way away from them.
Several times we had closer looks at round 200 feet. This bird was a
real treat to see in CT or anywhere. A Lifer
for me as with many others. Thank You Greg Hanisek for a fantastic
find!! Kudos to you!

11/15/09- Derby, Route 8 Southbound -- 4:03PM 2 Adult BALD EAGLES
along the Naugatuck River in Derby
Exit 20.