[CT Birds] Westport,Late afternoon

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 17:22:37 EST 2009

11/17 - Westport - Grace Salmon Park- 3 DUNLIN,2 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS,7 KILLDEER,1 GREATER YELLOWLEGS,1 GREAT BLUE HERON,all on mudflats,2 YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS in cedars.

           Grays Creek-18 BUFFLEHEAD,the males were very active and putting on quite a display,2 GREAT BLUE HERON,2 HOODED MERGANSER.

            Behind Longshore Inn- I unfortunately found what I believe was an  Osprey with no head on the lawn behind the inn near the water.

            Compo Beach (west side)- 1 GREAT EGRET(Saugatuck Shores side),5 RUDDY TURNSTONES,4 HORNED LARK in catamaran area.

Tina Green

Westport