[CT Birds] Bridgeport, Stratford and Milford

Dennis Varza dennisvz at optonline.net
Wed Nov 18 19:53:56 EST 2009

Hi Folks

I covered a lot of ground. Off shore, most of the loons are gone and
little else was around. Even Gulls were in low number. In Devon, (by
K-mart) I watched a Raven play with a Red-tailed Hawk. The only
Common Egrets were one in Great Meadows, and one in the Anderson Ave.
Marsh. I made a stop at Stratford Marina and had 18 Greater
Yellowlegs remaining. No Coot around. In Frash Pond the Canvasback
and Pied-billed Grebe continue, joined by a Lesser Scaup.

Dennis Varza

Bridgeport Shore, Ash Creek to Seaside Park
Canada Goose	106
Mute Swan	3
American Wigeon	18
American Black Duck	134
Mallard	67
Lesser Scaup	1	In the pond at St. Mary's
Long-tailed Duck	35
Hooded Merganser	23
Red-breasted Merganser	3
Double-crested Cormorant	4