[CT Birds] Missing Birds

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 19:24:45 EST 2009

Just a quick theory...the scarce species, with the exception of Great
Corm, are more likely to be spending their time in ponds, marshes, or
inlets rather than open ocean...so the warm water and air temps
recently might be delaying their arrival a bit since I'd think very
little water is freezing even way up north. While the scoters and
eiders, open ocean species, are likely a product of the few recent
strong easterly blows.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT