[CT Birds] Stratford yard/woods-

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:18:07 EST 2009

11/20, Stratford yard/woods-
(1) sub-adult Bald Eagle moving lazily SE
(1) YB Sapsucker
(2) E. Towhees
(1) Catbird
(1) Winter Wren
I think Nick B. was onto something with the lack of frozen water up north.  My cousin who lives about 25 minutes from the US/CAN border confirms this... he said the lakes around him are just now barely getting a paper-thin layer of ice on them that melts off during the day.
Having been following the VTBirds listserv, there have been frequent and recent reports of waterfowl that eventually make it to CT... Goldeneye, Merganser, Ruddy Duck, Ring-necks, Horned Grebes, lesser Scaup.
And just to throw this in....  I had 3 Great Cormorants at Stratford Point on 10/30.
-Brian Webster-
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com