[CT Birds] Old Saybrook-ruddy ducks

Sailcarm at aol.com Sailcarm at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 19:00:10 EST 2009

11/20 - Old Saybrook: in between doing errands today I stopped  briefly at
two spots in Old Saybrook looking for recent duck  arrivals.  Not much to
report!

pond down the road from Mcdonalds, Ingham Hill Rd. - 3 ruddy ducks
(difficult spot to access, as pond is on private property. You have to  stand on
the edge of the road and you can't do that for long, as this is a busy  road.)

North Cove viewed from the overlook in the newly completed park at the  end
of Coulter St (opposite N. Cove Outfitters) -  not much!!! 12  buffleheads

I also had 2 golden-crowned kinglets at Rocky Neck SP (E. Lyme) but  never
even made it to the viewing platform as it was so windy I turned around  and
went back to my car.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford