[CT Birds] 11/20/09 - Snow Buntings at Hammo

louise tucker louise40pt at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 20 20:47:29 EST 2009

I stopped by hammonassett St. Park in the early afternoon. There was a flock of about 15 Snow Buntings and 1 Lapland Longspur in the dirt part of the East (I thnik) parking lot. Tlhis is the lot halfway between the rotary and the Nature Center. They were rather skittish, as a Herring Gull kept trying to grab a quick snack. The Horned Larks were in the field by the Nature Center. I didn't see anything else but Gulls.

Louise P. Tucker