[CT Birds] ecotourism research survey

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 21 17:08:45 EST 2009

Hopefully, Roy won't rule this message as inappropriate, even though it is not about CT birds.  Last week, I met an Australian graduate student who is doing research on American birdwatchers abroad.  If your birding takes you overseas and you have the time to complete her survey, I'm sure she'd be grateful.  Details below.

I may have mentioned my PhD research, on American birdwatchers who
travel internationally as couples.  While visiting  the US earlier this
year I distributed a questionnaire to some Audubon and Sierra clubs,
and through friends.  I’ve received about 120 responses, but for
accurate analysis I need 300.

Would you be so kind as to distribute the URL to any contacts you may have?  The URL is below.

I enjoyed meeting you at the Birdfair.  And thank you for your valiant effort  at the Flockwiz.

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
PhD Candidate

Research survey:
For American birders - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=h3NCqTwur3H_2bPlbFtk_2bSpw_3d_3d