[CT Birds] Hammonasset

Ftholloway at aol.com Ftholloway at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 10:09:50 EST 2009

>From Fran and Tom Holloway
11/22- Madison, Hammonasset State Park, two AMERICAN BITTERNS in the
Boulder Pool next to the Meigs Point parking lot.  The larger one put on a  great
display of stretching, "pointing," lifting his big green feet, and
striking and swallowing a fish - all with the morning sunlight to catch his
chestnut and other colors.
Only 3 COMMON EIDER in the general vicinity of the jetty, along with 1
female BLACK SCOTER.
In our Madison backyard, we have had a male YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER at our
 suet feeder for the last three weeks.  At one time there were also two
others, one female and the other possibly immature.