[CT Birds] Horned Grebe and other Shelton birding

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 13:06:15 EST 2009

11/23, Shelton Lakes trails, Silent lake boardwalk (Constitution Blvd, across from middle school)- tons of sparrows including 1 Fox, 50+ White-throats, 4 Song, 40 or so Juncos, 2 Brown creepers, 1 Carolina wren and 2 Pine siskin in a goldfinch flock.  At Trap Falls Reservoir I had a Horned Grebe in the far back on the north side of the reservoir.  It was staying in the same area as a Pied-Billed grebe.  Also 2 total Pied-billed Grebes, 4 Bufflehead, 3 Hooded mergansers, and my first 2 Ring-necked ducks of the season.  -Brian Webster-