[CT Birds] Ovenbird

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 09:23:03 EST 2009

11/24, private Stratford residence on Huntington Rd, just past the Merritt overpass where the several month long tree killing... err, road widening has been going on-  1 singing Ovenbird.  My buddy and I were on his back porch letting the dog run when we both heard the familiar song of an Ovenbird coming from the woods behind.  I was unable to locate the bird other than flushing it past us, but is sang 4 times in about a 20 minutes period.  -Brian Webster-