[CT Birds] Important Lesson Learned

Angeladimmitt at aol.com Angeladimmitt at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 10:34:46 EST 2009

11/24 From Angela Dimmitt
Probably preaching to the choir - Main Players can ignore this -  but  I
learned a valuable lesson Sunday morning when we found the Tundra Swan on
Bantam Lake - while we all had cell phones (albeit there is often no service
around here), none of us had a telephone number of anyone to call to spread
the  word!  White Memorial was not yet open - Dave Rosgen was called as  soon
as someone left who did have his number at home and the word was spread,
also by Larry Fischer via WCBC e-mail when he got home.  But the bird was
seen flying away that afternoon, before most people could get there.  So
program a few key numbers into your cell phones if you haven't  already!  Or
carry a small phone book or bird club list.   Duh!  (In my defense, most of the
places I bird around New Milford don't  have cell service)