[CT Birds] Bonaparte's Gulls (4:15pm)

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 28 17:32:23 EST 2009

11/28 -Southport- Southport Beach - 12 BONAPARTE'S GULLS (1st winter) sittting on the sand in a small group behind about 30 RING-BILLED GULLS at the water's edge.I almost missed these guys because  I saw a group of gulls in the distance and thought "just another bunch of Ring-billed" and I was getting too tired to pull my scope out for a closer look at the end of the day.Thank goodness I heard Patrick's voice in my head telling me to check every gull!Grabbed my scope,ran out to get closer to the birds,and saw the bonies,a great surprise and wonderful way to end the day!

Tina Green

Westport