[CT Birds] Interesting question

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Nov 29 21:58:35 EST 2009

Took this question from from the RIBirds list and thought some  here might
like to give it a shot.  Unfortunately she left out an important  point --
how big the bird looked.  I can see why the question was asked,  but my
personal guess is Coop.  What is it, really?

"I recently photographed an accipiter in my back yard. I had  ID'd it as a
juvenile Cooper's Hawk but an experienced birder has recently  suggested to
me that it is a juvenile Northern Goshawk. I thought I'd post a  link to the
photos, hoping to generate some feedback.

Here's the link. Use the Full Screen option to see a larger  image.

_http://picasaweb.google.com/michellelynnsts/Accipiter_
(http://picasaweb.google.com/michellelynnsts/Accipiter) #

Regards,

Michelle St.Sauveur