[CT Birds] Interesting CanGo

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:28:20 EST 2009

12/02 (it's December, already?!?!)-
On my way home from some quick Stratford birding yesterday (12/1), I drove past a local farm which had a good size flock of CanGos foraging on the corn stubble. I stopped to check to see if anything interesting was in there when I came upong this guy.
I've never seen a leucistic Canada, and was wondering if anyone on the list knew of it happens often.
I believe this is considered partial leucism, showing bright white mottling down the back of it's neck, and somewhat forming a bit of an eye-ring.
Links to photos below.
-Brian Webster-
Chat with Messenger straight from your Hotmail inbox.