[CT Birds] Interesting CanGo

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:28:20 EST 2009

12/02 (it's December, already?!?!)-

On my way home from some quick Stratford birding yesterday (12/1), I drove past a local farm which had a good size flock of CanGos foraging on the corn stubble. I stopped to check to see if anything interesting was in there when I came upong this guy.

I've never seen a leucistic Canada, and was wondering if anyone on the list knew of it happens often.

I believe this is considered partial leucism, showing bright white mottling down the back of it's neck, and somewhat forming a bit of an eye-ring.

Links to photos below.

http://picasaweb.google.com/MOJOrisin16/DucksGeeseSwansCormorantsLoonsGrebesPelicansEtc#5410643451173733138

http://picasaweb.google.com/MOJOrisin16/DucksGeeseSwansCormorantsLoonsGrebesPelicansEtc#5410643622415010434

http://picasaweb.google.com/MOJOrisin16/DucksGeeseSwansCormorantsLoonsGrebesPelicansEtc#5410644668491748754