[CT Birds] N Coventry LeConte's-Maybe

philiprusch at charter.net philiprusch at charter.net
Wed Dec 2 13:11:09 EST 2009

  I checked out the reported location for the le Conte's Sparrow from about 12:10- 12:50 PM today.  Never saw a single sparrow however I heard 2 distinct call notes which sounded very good for Leconte's.  The notes came from a wet meadow on the east side of Silver Rd.  I will try to get back there after work today.  For other who try, the location is as Greg H reported about 1/4 mile in from Rt 44 on Silver Rd.  The cornfield is on the west side of the road with a drainage ditch between the road and the cornfield.  Al in al , it looks like a good spot for LeConte's to skulk around without being seen too much.

Phil Rusch
Chaplin, CT