[CT Birds] Contents of CTBirds digest...

Janet Jerry Connolly birdshop at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 2 13:23:33 EST 2009

Hi Lisa,

We have bluebirds eating at our feeders at our home here in North
Madison almost year 'round--they go for shelled peanuts or sunflower
hearts, in a tube feeder with perches big enough for them to sit on.
We also sell freeze dried mealworms, and put those in a covered dome
feeder for them.

After nesting and in the fall they sometimes "disappear", foraging in
small flocks in the woods, but they do winter over.  (as do their
relatives, Am. Robin)

Janet Connolly

     ( >)~
The Audubon Shop