[CT Birds] Eastern blue birds question

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 2 15:58:22 EST 2009

Absolutely!  While many bluebirds do migrate, plenty hang around all winter.  Just today Carol and I fed mealworms to 7 hungry bluebirds in our backyard.  We whistle when we are putting them out and if they are in the area they come winging in!  In the last few years some of them have taken a liking to the hulled sunflower as well.  Normally we feed them live meal worms but in the off season they happily eat the freeze dried ones.  It's a real treat to have them around year round.

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
Toll Free U.S.  1-866-Fat-Robin

Jim Zipp Bird Photography  www.JimZippPhotography.com