[CT Birds] Farmington birds

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Dec 3 10:03:08 EST 2009

Passing these along.

 From SH Johnston, Farmington:
12/03/09- 1 SNOW GOOSE (white) with about 300+ Canada Geese in the Meadows, Farmington, in the field south of Meadow Road.

>From SH Johnston, Farmington:
12/03/09- 1 ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK (light adult), Farmington yard flyover.

While I was filling the suet feeders, I heard our two resident Red-Tailed Hawks overhead, both screaming...I looked up to see a big Rough-Leg circling quite low for several minutes. Great looks in full sunlight, offering good comparsons in size, color, shape, and flight style with the Red-Tails.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT