[CT Birds] N. Fulmar/ Stonington Point 12/6

philiprusch at charter.net philiprusch at charter.net
Sun Dec 6 15:37:59 EST 2009

Around 10:30 AM this morning I had a Nothern Fulmar from Stonington Point.  The bird was with about 200 gulls and 40 Norther Gannets following a fishing trawler into Stonington Harbor.  The fulmar peeled off just inside the outer breakwater, and went back out to sea while the gannets continued well into the harbor following the boat.
I left the Point around noon and probably just missed the Pelicans that Nick had at Hammo.

Phil Rusch
Chaplin