[CT Birds] Thoughts on CT White Pelicans

Mardi W. Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Sun Dec 6 22:40:29 EST 2009

Townsend and I worked our way up and spent time in each location from
Calf's Pasture in
Norwalk along the coast ending up at Burying Hill Beach in Westport at
around 3:06PM and staying till pitch dark.
We did NOT see any WHITE PELICANS and were armed with Binoculars, a
scope, and camera equipment.

Our theory could be that the 8 White Pelicans may very well have
landed and hunkered down after
the last sighting over short Beach in Stratford. Somewhere after short
Beach and before Westport.
OR the White Pelicans decided to fly over the sound towards Jamaica
Bay NWR in Long Island when nobody
was looking. I am hoping for the latter and they settled down in CT
for the night. Now for the hunt tomorrow!

Thanks to NIck for tracking them and getting the word out ASAP. And to
the help of all others for the tracking down
  the birds down the coastline! Hopefully they are spending the night
in CT. Keep your fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Mardi & Townsend Dickinson
Norwalk, CT