[CT Birds] Writing about birds. A question.

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 16:35:09 EST 2009

I probably should know this but I don't. When writing about birds for the public what are the conventions for capitalization?  Which are correct?
1. I like bald eagles.2. I like Bald Eagles.3. The Bald Eagles is our symbol.4. The bald eagle is our symbol.5. Another favorite is the red-shouldered hawk.6. Another favorite is the Red-shouldered Hawk.7. Another favorite is the Red-shouldered hawk.
Bill Yule