[CT Birds] Best yardbird ever!

mntncougar at aol.com mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Dec 8 11:29:39 EST 2009

I was watching the birds on my back porch platform feeder when  they
suddenly all scattered.  Since I hadn't heard or seen anything I took  a look out
the window.  100 feet up, right at the edge of my yard was an  adult Bald
Eagle, slowly circling before it continued its way north.   Closest one had
come previously was an adult circling Coventry Lake (about  100 yards from my
house) this spring.  They aren't rare any more, pretty  common actually, but
there is no bird I would rather see.  Made my  day.
Don Morgan